Thursday, January 9, 2014

EDUCATION ISSUES

Are you happy with the system of education in Belarus? What would you like to keep? What would you like to change?

In Britain 6th form students choose usually 3-4, maximum 5-6 subjects which they study to sit their A-level exams. Would you like to have a chance to choose subjects when you are in high school? Or, in your view, it will make you less educated and  knowledgeable people?

Listen to a conversation between two people discussing this issue. Who do you agree with?

Allen High School

Share your point of view and don't forget to comment on other students' post.

6 comments:

  1. I dare say, that we have some problems with our education. First of all, I don't like that students in 10th and 11th forms must learn ALL subjects. Us divide into profile classes, and I think, we must learn more specialized subjects. Secondly, teachers and especially director should to listen to our opinions, because NOW we study, instead of they. And we know better that is necessary to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masha, I see your point. Can you describe your ideas in more details?

      Delete
    2. Teachers really don't listen to us!!! They think, that we have a lot of free time and they set a lot of homework( I also don't like, that (maybe) we will pass Belarusian and Russian languages, not one, but TWO languages. And I really hate the idea to pass the history of Belarus:((( it's horrible, it's a DISASTER!!!!

      Delete
    3. Teachers want students to know their subject well. That's the point. If you are a responsible and dedicated teacher, you want to see the result of your work.

      Delete
    4. I understand it. ALL teachers want students to know their subject well, but I can't know everything, especially I have to place emphasis on such subjects, as English and Russian.

      Delete
    5. I understand it. ALL teachers want students to know their subject well, but I can't know everything, especially I have to place emphasis on such subjects, as English and Russian.

      Delete